Afternoon at the Arboretum

Now we're into May, there's new stuff arriving every day. Yesterday I saw the first Chimney Swifts zooming around over Dundas and today at the Royal Botanical Gardens Arboretum I added a few more 'firsts for the spring' to my list: Baltimore Oriole, Warbling Vireo, Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Ruby-throated Hummingbird. This smart male Rose-breasted Grosbeak was most cooperative.

This female was keeping a lower profile.

Northern Flicker.

Rather dull looking female Ruby-throated Hummingbird - my first this spring.

Warbling Vireo. Several singing or calling on my walk today, another new one for the year.

Okay, I fibbed about yesterday's Yellow Warbler picture being the last one, they're so nice though...

And finally, just for fun, a naughty little male Brown-headed Cowbird in the midst of his explosive 'song'.