Confederation Park

Okay, so things are looking up. It was a dour day in Hamilton, no mistake; cool, bit of a breeze and showers - very grey. So, naturally I used my impeccable sense of poor timing and headed out in search of migrants. I decided to take a stroll along Hamilton's most natural-looking strip of lakeshore, Confederation Park....and not surprisingly it yielded few migrants, however, given my lack of recent success, it did provide me with six new birds for the spring: Eastern Phoebe, Swamp Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow, Common Tern, Northern Rough-winged Swallow and Hermit Thrush. The fact that most of these have been knocking around for the past two weeks only goes to highlight my reluctance to bird in places which actually have birds.

The beach trail at Confederation Park

A rare encounter with a perched Turkey Vulture.

First Chipper of the spring.

Northern Rough-winged Swallow taking a breather.

Song Sparrow, because I couldn't get a picture of the Swamp Sparrow.

Mr...

...and Mrs (Red-winged Blackbird)

Mr...

...and Mrs (American Robin)